Monday, July 2, 2012

July Photo Challenge - Day 1

I have been so bad about taking pictures in the past few months. I should be ashamed of myself. I have not had time to scrapbook, blog or document any of the going-ons in our family as of late.  That's why I am so excited to participate in the July Photo challenge. It will get me back into the swing of things...taking daily pics and blogging about them, with the hopes that I will scrap them too!

So, July 1st challenge was to take a self portrait...


So, let me tell you the story behind this pic.  We decided on the spur of the moment (which Jack loves to do, and I hate to do, because I am a planner) to go Blueberry Picking. We went to Stateline Blueberries, which is the same place we have gone every year for about the past 20 years (since we were dating).  I must say that this year was the absolute BEST crop I have ever seen there. I think the hot spring and really hot summer weather helped to make the perfect crop of blueberries. In the past, it's been hot, but not for as many consecutive days as we've had this year.  They were truly the largest, sweetest, most plentiful blueberries I can remember.  It makes it easier to pick a lot too! We picked about 18 pounds (which will last us about one year).


After we finished, we promised the kids that we would go to the beach. So, we drove to Union Pier which is the beach that Jack's family used to frequent.  I remember going with him and his family when we were first dating. It's a bit nice than the Dunes because it is a lot less crowded.  As we approached the beach, the weather got really strange. It became very windy and the skies got really dark.  We noticed that many more people were leaving the beach than arriving.  People were running to their cars in droves, yet, the kids really, really wanted to see the beach.

So, we parked and walked to the beach, just to take a look for a few minutes.
 The winds were ridiculous.  It was blowing the sand everywhere and it actually hurt to get hit by the blowing sand.


The kids wanted to splash in the waters, even though the winds were so rough.


So, the beach cleared out and we were some of the few people on the beach. The crazy weather lasted for about 10 minutes and the weather COMPLETELY changed again.  The sun came out, the winds died down and it was back to a perfect beach day again!!!






We ended up staying for the whole day and it was absolutely perfect! The kids had so much fun!

1 comment:

  1. Ive always wanted to go blueberry picking, but some how it's never happened! Good to know its a good picking year! I'm glad the beach worked out for you guys. I've never been to the Michigan beaches on a weekend yet, so I've never seen the crowds thank goodness. But they are all so calming no matter what, right? Spur of the moment worked in your favor!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin