Monday, January 23, 2012

Skinny Sloppy Jacks


I have become obsessed with Weight Watcher meals lately.  This one I found on a website, and modified it even further.  We love sloppy joes at my house (but we call them Sloppy Jacks, for obvious reasons) and any chance I can sneak veggies into meals, I do it!!!

Skinny Sloppy Jacks
1.25 lbs lean ground beef sirloin or turkey
1 tbsp steak seasoning
1 carrot, minced
1 medium onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup red bell pepper, minced
4 oz. mushrooms, minced
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 cups tomato sauce
2 tbsp tomato paste

Chop all the vegetables very fine or use a food processer to mince.

Heat large skillet over medium high heat.  Add meat and break it up as it cooks.  Season with steak seasoning and cook until brown.  Add onion, carrots, garlic, mushrooms and red peppers.  Reduce heat to medium and add red wine vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.  Cook 5 minutes.  Add tomato sauce and paste. Stir to combine.  Cover and reduce heat to simmer, cooking another 5 minutes.  Serve over buns with diced dill pickles on top.  Each 1/2 cup serving has about 120 calories. Not bad!!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds really yummy! I will put it one my TO TRY LIsT. Your Italian sausage is going into my crock pot tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin