Thursday, November 17, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude - Day 17

Today I am thankful for art.  I always wanted to be an artist when I was a kid. I took my crayons and paper with me everywhere I went and would draw pictures of my family and parents' friends all the time.

Art has been such a cathartic vehicle in my life.  When I was pregnant with Matt, I was unable to sleep. I would pace the house in the middle of the night, dreaming up projects to do. So, one day I decided I would start painting.  So, I watched some art programs on PBS and read some books and began painting on canvas in the middle of the night. It was so relaxing. 

I have been an avid scrapbooker since high school and this hobby has always been a fabulous way to preserve memories and family history and capture my children's lives for them to remember always.  I have also met a lot of friends all across the country through the different artistic communities to which I belong.

The Art Institute has always been my absolute favorite museum to visit! I enjoy taking my children there and watching them learn about artists and mediums as well.

I am so very grateful for art!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin