Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Official McCabe Wedding Blog Post

If you are my friend of Facebook, you have probably already viewed the approximately ten million photos and video clips of my sister's wedding, but I have a few friends that are not on Facebook (actually, only you, Sue D.) LOL. No, just kidding. There are a few, so here are some pics from the lovely day.

We began the day, bright and early at Salon Vis a Vis in Frankfort, where they worked miracles doing our hair and make-up!!


I'm going to rat out my baby sister, Steff, right now and let everyone know that some of this hair is not really hers...

 This was sweet Baby Zuzu's hair before she took a nap and slept all over it...


Beautiful bridesmaids: Kim and Kelly...


And check out this awesome hair on the lovely bride, Jackie...



After the miracles were done, we headed over to my house for lunch...


Jackie and Kenny had their first look at each other before the ceremony and they stepped out to take a few pics of that special moment.







One of the very handsomest men there...My baby...(Please don't call him Justin Bieber! He gets really mad! He didn't like it when the whole bridal party started singing Baby in the limo!)


And the two adorable junior bridesmaids...


The bridesmaids...


After lunch, the bridal party headed out to Wheaton for some outdoor photos at Catigny.  It was super pretty. We even took a fun ol' hay ride (on which we sang every song we could possibly sing with the words 'hay' or 'ride' in them and even a few that we made into Hayride songs!)


(I don't have any pics of Cantigny or the hayride, so I'll have to post those later).

After a few chilly hours of pics we went to the gorgeous country club for the lovely ceremony...

Since I was in the wedding party, I don't have any pics of the ceremony either. I stole these from some of Jackie's friends who posted it on her Facebook wall. Thanks to them...





We took lots more pics on the golf course and then headed inside for the reception...

This is really hard to see (because Angela's camera sucks) but it is the introductions of the bridal party.  J & K are huge Harry Potter fans, so we all wore a lightning bolt on our foreheads, the Harry Potter glasses (mine broke, so I had purple sunglasses) and carried in wands.  The bride and groom had the Harry Potter tie and scarf around their necks....





On to the amazing dinner...





My mom and two of her sisters...


Kenny was a big Lego fan as a kid...


And, if you haven't heard by now, there was a totally epic flash mob at the ceremony.  My sister loves the show Glee and is a huge Lady Gaga fan, so in the middle of the reception, each of the girls in the wedding party threw on a shirt that one of the Glee cast members wore in the Lady Gaga episode.  When "Born This Way," came on, the dance floor cleared and we ran out to get the little mob started.  The video is up on my facebook wall, so if you are not on facebook, you'll have to wait until you see me next to watch the video. Sorry!!

Here are some still pics of the Flash Mob...






Of course, no wedding is complete without some very fun photo booth pics...
Can you guess who these silly peeps are?






It was wonderful and we wish all the best to the happy couple!!

Stay tuned for more pics as they trickle in...

3 comments:

  1. What a fun wedding!! LOVE the Lego cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super awesome. Bet everyone is wore out from all this celebrating!! Love love the photo booth thing! I so wanna do this for Aly's quince!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looked like one amazing wedding! I love the pictures, so fun. You clean up nice, woman!!! ;)

    The photobooth pictures are my favorite too:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin