Friday, September 30, 2011

Salted Caramel Apple Tart Tatin

I was watching an episode of Dessert First on the Food Network the other day and I saw this recipe for an apple tart tatin that sounded so great! We have a bowl full of apples from the orchard and this sounded like a perfect recipe for using up a bunch of apples!  Unfortunately, I have not been having luck in the kitchen lately. 

It started when I decided to go Gluten Free - partially because I had just read the book Wheat Belly, partially because I want to lose weight and partially because I've been having gastric-related pain again.  Well, I definitely have some sort of allergy to flaxseeds because I used them in several gluten free recipes and had some severe gastric pains as a result!  So, I have ditched the gluten free kick and decided to try a dairy free diet.  So far I have not seen any results. I still have random pains, random break-outs and no leads on a trigger! Hmmmm.....Probably time to consult an expert.

Needless to say, I'm back to my old diet (which isn't that bad), and I'm trying to limit things that I think may be triggers.  I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime, enjoy this dessert. My family did!

1 comment:

  1. OH EM GEE. I would die for a Salted Caramel Latte from starbucks right now, and if I had not just baked up a carrot cake this would be something to make right NOW!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin