Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Gluten Free Granola


Today I tried out this gluten free granola and it is amazing!  If you love granola, you won't even notice that it's gluten-free! This is such a yummy, filling , sweet and crunchy snack!  The author of Wheat Belly even suggests eating this as a morning cereal with soymilk, regular milk, or coconut milk. Yum!

It made a huge bowl, so if I store it in an airtight container, it will last a long time!

1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats or quinoa flakes (I used the oats)
1/2 cup group flaxseeds (I found ground blueberry flaxseeds at Trader Joe's)
1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
1 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup organic agave syrup or sugar free vanilla syrup
1/4 cup walnut oil (I couldn't find this, so I used canola oil)
1 cup raw pecans
1 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup dried raisins

Preheat oven to 325*.  Combine the quinoa or oats, ground flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, 1/2 cup cashews, syrup, and oil in large bowl and toss to coat.  Spread into an 8x8 inch baking pan and press to make an even layer, about 1/2 inch thick.  Bake until dry and crispy, about 30 minutes.  Let the mixture cook for about 30-60 minutes.

Combine pecans, almonds, dried fruit and remaining cashews in a large bowl.  Mix the cooled oat/flax/quinoa mixture into the nut-fruit bowl.

2 comments:

  1. That does seem yummy!!! I like eating the granola I make with milk as cereal:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love eating granola in yogurt! YUMMO! I've been seeing flax seed everywhere lately - must be the new IN food!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin