Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Playing with my new lens

I ordered a new 50mm lens for my Canon Rebel Xti digital SLR camera. I lovvvvvvvve it!!! For those of you who were wondering why I would want a 50mm lens, when the lens that comes with the camera covers that -- take a look at a couple websites/blogs that explain why a prime lens is better than a zoom lens...
The Forgotten Lens

and

Introducing the Wonderful World of 50mm Prime Lenses

I have been playing around with different settings and light options, changing ISO and f/stops and here are a few of my favorite shots from the weekend with my new lens...







They are so crisp and clear...much better than I could have imagined.  I will keep playing and update when I take more!

2 comments:

  1. Filling the frame and portraits are a MUST with the 50mm. Now work that f-stop to blur a busy background or emphasize a focal point! The infatuation is just beginning!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would love it! Love the pictures so much, can't wait to see what else you capture:)

    gosh, your kids have the prettiest blue eyes;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin