Friday, July 1, 2011

Lemon Basil Chicken and Steak Kabobs

A few days ago I told you about my super easy lemon basil marinade.  Well, here is another idea about how to use it. I took two gallon size ziploc bags.  In one bag I put a pound of steak and a half pound of chicken and added the marinade (olive oil, lemon basil, squeeze of lemon, salt and pepper). I added the marinade to the other bag along with some onion, green peppers and mushrooms.  I zipped the bags, shook them up and left them in the fridge for three hours.  Then I took them out, skewered everything onto some metal skewers. I like to keep the meats on seperate skewers. They tend to need more time than the veggies, and it's probably safer to not mix raw veggies with raw meats. I grilled them all over low heat for about 15 minutes, turning often.


I served the finished product over some couscous with a side salad. It is a refreshing, lemony, summer meal!

1 comment:

  1. Haaa ha, this is making me smile because the kabobs that are already put together in the store make Shaun sooooo nervous because of the meats and veggies touching;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin