Wednesday, June 1, 2011

She Had Three Hearts Art Journal

For the past week or so, I've been taking an online art class called She Had Three Hearts. The class has been taught by the amazing Christy Tomlinson, who runs the Scarlet Lime store. I've learned a ton of interesting and new techniques, with products that I never would have tried before. I have been so excited to get started on these journals.

The premise of the class (and the story behind the name) is that there is an ancient Chinese proverb that says a woman has three hearts: one she shares with the world, one she shares only with her family and close friends and one she shares only with herself.

Based on the journaling prompts I received in class and the ideas and techniques that Christy taught me in week one, here are four of my newly finished art journal pages that express the talents I share with the world. They are in a hardcover art journal, so sorry if the pictures are a bit crooked.










Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. In a way I am so sad that I didn't sign on. But knowing how full my hands are right now, I'm glad I'm not trying to juggle it. It looks like something I want to truly dedicate some time too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing Shel! I really really love what you have done so far, it looks so cool! Do you think you will use any of the techniques you have learned in scrapbooking?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I wish I had an ounce of artistic talent. This is great.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin