Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Banana Bread

This is one of my favorite banana bread recipes, modified from an original by Emeril Lagasse.

Banana Bread
1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 and 1/4 cup flour
Pinch of cinnamon
1/2 cup chocolate chips

  1. Preheat oven to 350*.
  2. Oil and flour a loaf pan.
  3. Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar.  With the mixer running on medium, add the eggs, one at a time.  Add the bananas and mix well.  Add the baking soda, salt, flour, cinnamon and mix well. Add the chips. Dough will be sticky.
  4. Pour dough into loaf pan and bake for one hour or until center is brown and set.

3 comments:

  1. --insert drooling HERE--

    This reminds me that zucchini are coming in soon. And to Aly that means zucchini bread!! Do have a recipe that you prefer??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never would have thought of putting chocolate chips into banana bread. I'm giving this recipe to my Atheist-Friend-Who-Bakes so she can make me some immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm I love chocolate chips in banana bread! I have traded in my old favorite bb recipe for Baked Bree's and it is so amazing...I am scared to try another one, lol! But the chocolate chips are tempting;) I just bought too many bananas on purpose so I could make some bb soon:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin