Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sweet Country Ribs

We love a good rib sandwich in the hot summer months. This is one of my all-time favorite summer crockpot recipes. You can make it your own by adding your favorite BBQ sauce as a topping.


Sweet Country Ribs
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp salt
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp chili powder (use chipotle chili powder for a little kick)
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 cup Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce
4 lbs. pork country ribs (I prefer boneless so I can cook them in the crockpot and not have to pick out bones)

Combine all in a slow cooker. Cook on low heat for 6 hours or high for 3.5 hours. Shred with two forks when finished. Serve on crusty rolls and top with your favorite BBQ sauce.

5 comments:

  1. YUM! I think the ribs are on sale at our grocery store right now? I think I will make this really soon, thanks lady!

    P.S. Sweet Baby Ray's is the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh that looks SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummo! Mouth drooling right now...what sides should I make with this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Candi... DROOOOOOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. burp! that was superb!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin