- Draw a mermaid onto a large piece of kraft paper. Cut it out.
- Trace just the tail onto a piece of aluminum foil (shiny side up) and cut it out.
- Turn the foil over so that the shiny side is down and draw scales with a pen on the matte side. (The impression will show on the reverse side.)
- Glue the tail onto the kraft mermaid.
- Mix tempera or acrylic paint with a tiny bit of white school glue and paint a random pattern onto the scales.
- Paint the mermaids hair and bikini top.
- To make a boy character, try Sponge-Bob Square Pants, or a boy with a big hat. Any modification will do.
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Lily and I made this fun project last year and she wanted to do it again this year. It's really simple and you can adapt it to any character.