Monday, March 21, 2011

Joy of Luck - Green

Green is symbolically the color for newness, new beginnings, spring and life. When I looked around my house today for something green that represents newness and life, I walked into my sunroom, which is filled with plants.

This peace lily was sprouting out of the plant this morning and really caught my eye! It's really neat that this lush green plant sprouts out these beautiful white and green lilies every few months. The more I thought about it, the more this plant is so representative of life. This plant requires more water than the others. Every other day the leaves start to droop and it "guilts" me into watering it. How could I look at droopy leaves every time I walk past? But minutes after I water it, the green leaves stand up on end and the plant looks "happy." It's kind of like tending to our own soul. When we take time to take care of ourselves, it shows in our mood, in our health and on our face. When we are run down it shows as well! This peace lily reminds me my blessings. I have the opportunity to stay home with my baby and take care of me: mentally, physically, emotionally. I am lucky!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely picture and love the words to go with it:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin