Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pork Marsala


I'm taking a day off from the photography challenge (because I haven't been able to capture the pictures I want to take during good day light hours), so I'm bringing you a recipe.

I am apologizing in advance to my friend Pam, who doesn't like mushrooms, because this recipe is loaded with them! Sorry, Pam! :)

Pork Marsala with Spinach

1.5 lbs boneless pork loin roast
salt and pepper
3 Tbsp flour
1 Tbsp EVOO
1 lb mushrooms, quartered
2/3 cup chicken broth
½ cup marsala wine
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 lemon juiced

1. Heat the oven to 375*. Butterfly the pork by cutting it in half horizontally almost the whole way through, then open like a flattened book. Season both sides with salt and pepper and sprinkle with 2 tbsp flour. Heat 1 tbsp EVOO in skillet and brown pork about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to glass baking dish and cook about 20 minutes or until thermometer reads 140*.
2. Add the mushrooms and ¼ tsp salt to the skillet and cook until golden, about 8 minutes. Add 1 tbsp flour and cook 1 minute, stirring. Add broth and marsala. Bring to a boil. Add cream and boil about 8 minutes. Turn off heat and add 2 tsp lemon juice (and fresh parsley if desired).
3. Serve with fresh spinach that has been wilted over low heat with 1 tbsp of EVOO and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.



1 comment:

  1. So I *might* not try this, ha ha, but I will totally try the idea of butterflying the pork!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin