Saturday, February 12, 2011

Panko Chicken with Carmelized Onions





Panko Chicken with carmelized onion sauce

1/3 cup flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp paprika
¼ tsp salt
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to ½ inch thickness
1 tbsp heavy cream
1 small onion, halved and sliced
2 cloves minced garlic

Place flour in one bowl. Please eggs in second bowl. Combine panko with oregano, paprika and salt in a third bowl. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour, dip in egg, coat evenly with panko mixture. Heat 3 tbsp of EVOO in skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken 4 minutes on each side. Remove chicken and keep warm. To pan drippings add garlic and onions. Stir in a tsp or two of flour and a splash (about 1-2 tbsp) of heavy cream. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Serve on top of cooked chicken.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm....this sounds delicious. And I love the picture.

    Hey Shel I was wondering, do you have any recipes for tea sandwiches? I thought you could help me in my interactive blog with some sandwich recipes for my tea party. Thanks! Feel free to drop me a line --> fortythings@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmm! Sounds easy and LOOKS oh so tasty!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin