Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Welcome Twenty Eleven

Twenty eleven is going to be a great year...I can just feel it. Can you?

I ended last year in a good place. My family was healthy and all together. I got time to play with the kids, with the hubby, and time to myself to...well...you can probably guess what I chose to do, right?

I've been a little busy lately...a lot of little tasks that I'm working on...cleaning the house, adding some new art projects (something for my bedroom, that I'll post when it's finished), some work projects, and the painstaking chore of turning my blog posts from the past 2 years into a hardcover book on Blurb. I also have some ideas about changing my blog to a cleaner, simpler design, but that is the least of my priorities right now.

Anyhow, here are my New Year's Eve creations...







I decided to make surf and turf for our New Year's Eve dinner. Not exactly sure why it is such a popular NYE dinner. I remember my mom always made it for us, but I have no idea what the significance might be. I guess I just decided to carry on the tradition. I pan seared some filets and boiled some lobster tails. I added some sugar snap peas and baked potatoes and it was a simple, yet elegant meal fit for royalty! :)

We had plans to go to a New Year's Eve party, but Zoey had some reading to do...



And the kids wanted to make some cupcakes. We spiced it up a bit by making it into a Build-Your-Own-Cupcake bar. We baked the cupcakes and put the frosting and sprinkles in the middle of the table.


Lily really just wanted to eat the frosting.



Matt liked his messy.


What a lovely "no make-up, unshowered" photo. Blah!


Jack enjoyed his cupcake! (See below)




Other concoctions...











Happy New Year! Hope yours is extra special!

2 comments:

  1. Z's hair is getting so long!! I will totally try to design your blog IF you want me too:) I had tons of fun doing mine, just let me know and I will e-mail you the different patterns, etc. I have that I could use:)

    P.S. Your nye dinner looked soooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a cupcake bar! Too cute (and yummy)! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin