Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Swiss Chicks

I am a lot of things, but Swiss is not one of them. In fact, I have about 12 different nationalities. I'm a mutt, if you will. When I was in elementary school, I had a sing-songy jingle that I would use to rattle off all of my nationalities. My friends would get a kick out of it. I really should teach it to my kids one of these days, but they don't really care yet. They will be all of the same nationalities as me, plus Lithuanian, from Jack. Maybe I should do a layout with the list. Eventually...

So, anyway, today's recipe comes from a family cookbook that one of my cousins collected last year and emailed to all of us. It contains recipes from my great grandma and several of my aunts, cousins and second cousins.

Slow Cooker Swiss Chick
3 chicken breasts
6 clices of Swiss cheese
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 can of milk (fill the empty soup can)
2 cups Herb stuffing
1 stick of melted butter
Layer all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours. Shred chicken when finished. Serve with vegetable and biscuits.



Had a little time to get crafty yesterday with my January Scarlet Lime Frugal Fab kit. Created these:
This was for a challenge to use song lyrics. I used "Just the Way You Are," by Bruno Mars.








Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Your layouts are so cute! I need to get my hands on a Scarlet Lime kit.

    Your recipe reminds me of something my family used to have when I was kid. Chicken, swiss cheese and plain croutons. Oh it was so good and it's been forever since I had it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I tell you I looooove your new layouts, I promise I will get a closer look soon! Love the one with you and all the kids!

    That recipe sounds yummy too (except you know that I would use cream of chicken soup, ha ha!).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin