Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Giving Up Creative Control

Ok. I admit it. I'm a teeny, tiny bit of a control freak. (Pause)



OK. OK...I'm a big, ol', honkin' control freak. But on my birthday I decided to relinquish control of my cameras to my children, so they could capture the momentus event for me. Lily had the point and shoot and Matt was armed with the Digital SLR. As you can see, Lily was planning to do some karaoke, and helped to decorate the kitchen with streamers and a banner. The cake was donned with candles that said "21". Why are you laughing? We couldn't find any other numbers. LOL


I was treated to gift certificates for Charming Charlie and a Swedish massage at Mario Tricocci. Stef bought me an awesome bag and bracelet from Charlie and my parents got me a Kindle. My favorite gifts were from Matt and Lily. Lily wrapped her piggy bank in a pretzel box. It contained a quarter, a penny and a Chuck E Cheese token. Matt taped four quarters to a card for me! So so sweet!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute. I need to do this more often too. Can I ensure them photog lessons before I do it or is that micro managing?! Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin