Monday, January 17, 2011

2nd Lost Tooth & Chicken Orzo

Congrats to Lily on her second lost tooth. It fell out at school and the nurse gave her this cute little tooth necklace for carrying it home.


The tooth fairy came and brought her $5!! Lucky girl!


Chicken and Orzo
2 Tbsp EVOO
1 small onion, chopped fine
2 small garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
28 oz. chicken broth
2 cups orzo pasta
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
1/2 cup grated cheese (Parmesan, Romano, or whatever you like. I used Gruyere because I had some leftover)
Salt and pepper to taste
In a deep skillet, heat EVOO. Add onion and garlice and cook 2-3 minutes. Add poultry seasoning and broth and bring to a boil. Add orzo and chicken and stir. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook until liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
Stir in cheese and season to taste. Crusty bread makes a great addition!

4 comments:

  1. Wow. That is inflation!

    The tooth fairy brings coins in this house (yeah, okay, they are dollar coins, but....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy!!! Yay for L losing another tooth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay first off, wow on the tooth. I had no idea the Tooth Fairy was giving $5 a tooth! Talk about inflation!

    As for the recipe, I'm going to try this one this week. It's definitely up my alley. Something fast & easy. And something that I can have leftover for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... we can't do orzo but I bet that would be really good with rice. I'll have to give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin