Thursday, December 16, 2010

Turkey Burgers

Turkey Burgers for a Family of 5:
1 lb. ground turkey
Worchestershire sauce
1 egg
1/4 cup bread crumbs
steak seasoning or salt and pepper
buns
lettuce
tomato
onion
pickle
cheese (optional)

I start by mixing the ground turkey with a splash (I guess it is about 1-2 Tbsp) of Worchestershire, 1 egg, 1/4 cup bread crumbs and a big handful of steak seasoning. I have also substituted balsamic vinegar for the Worchestershire sauce - different flavor but still yummy! Form into equal sized patties and grill. I use my indoor grill pan, but you could use a regular frying pan or an outdoor grill or George Foreman grill. Cook until no longer pink. Place cheese on top of burgers during the last 1 minute of cooking. Serve on a bun with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle.


Someone was feeling neglected and wanted to get into a December Daily photo. Can you spot the imposter in the Nativity scene? LOL

2 comments:

  1. I love turkey burgers! I have a turkey burger recipe from Rachel Ray with warm potato salad as a side. The warm potato salad is really easy: boil up a batch of small red potatoes, cut 'em up into 1/2-inch chunks and toss with white wine vinegar, EVOO, salt, and parsley (I think it's parsley...). SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin