Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thai Chicken Pizza

If you are a regular reader of my blog, you know a few things about me: I love to cook and be creative; I love spicy food; I don't like to follow recipes and I hate to measure ingredients! LOL

So, this recipe fits all of those categories. I change the ingredients up every time I make it. It's kind of a garbage pizza, if you will...in which I throw on it whatever I happen to have in the fridge that day!

One of my best friends, Jen (who happens to be Korean, not Thai), taught me one version of this pizza about 15 years ago and I've been tweaking it ever since.

I always buy a Boboli whole wheat crust, but you could make your own, buy ready-made dough, or use a gluten free product if you wish!

Next, I always brown a chopped chicken breast in a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.

Here's where the creativity comes in:
For the traditional Thai pizza, I drizzle peanut oil on the crust, top the pizza with the browned chicken, shredded carrots, shredded mozzarella, hot red pepper flakes and some peanuts.

For the pizza pictured below I drizzled sesame oil on the crust, browned some red onion and mushrooms with the chicken which I added to the crust on top of the oil, topped with shredded carrots, shredded mozzarella, hot red pepper flakes and no nuts.

Bake the pizza according to the Boboli directions. I think it was 450* for 8 minutes or until the cheese is browned.

One year I made several pizzas as hors d'oeuvres for a party. I topped each one with something different. One was Thai chicken, one had pepperoni and tomato sauce, one had four different cheeses, one had goat cheese and tomatoes with fresh herbs. Be creative and have fun!!!


I am so far behind in posting my December Daily pictures. I have been taking lots of pics, but I'm slacking on the posting part. I might steal an idea from my friend, Candi, and make it a 12 Days of Christmas album and choose my 12 favorite pics or collages of the season. Sounds easier to me! These two pics were taken at a little boutique in downtown Frankfort, where they held a Fancy Nancy party for little girls. If you don't have little girls, Fancy Nancy is a character in a series of books, who is in first grade and loves all things fancy. She uses big words and explains the meanings of the words. Lily and her friend, Ava got make-up applied, dressed in fancy clothes, played Fancy Nancy Bingo and some arts and crafts. Aren't they adorable in their feather boas?



1 comment:

  1. You are not going to believe this but I was just looking up chicken pizza recipes this morning!! All the ones I found were sort of eh and involved a lot of random ingredients. But I think your Thai pizza would be really good and we practically have everything we need already! I'll see if I can convince my husband. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin