Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Spinach and Mushroom Fettucini

So, I had this great recipe for spinach and mushroom lo-mein. I was all excited to make this yummy Asian dish for my fam, when I realized that I didn't have any lo-mein noodles. Well, I went to the pantry and found some whole wheat fettucini noodles, so my yummy Asian dish, transformed into a yummy semi-Italian dish! LOL Oh..what the heck! It's an American dish!!! LOL

Spinach and Mushroom Fettucini
**To make this recipe Gluten-Free: Use rice noodles and swap tamari for soy sauce!

Cooked fettucini (or any pasta) as directed
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup mushrooms, halved
1 scallion, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
3 cups tightly packed spinach, torn
1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp toasted sesame oil

Cook pasta as directed. Drain. In a medium non-stick skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 4 minutes. Add scallion, ginger, and garlic, and cook 1-2 minutes. Add noodles to skillet along with spinach. Toss until spinach wilts and noodles are warmed through. Add soy sauce and sesame oil and toss to combine.


On this 15th Day of December, my true love gave to me...2 sets of bunk beds...

For the girls. (Actually Zoey is still in a crib in the other room, but someday she'll be here...)

And in Matt's room...
We keep the ladders off the beds when no one is in them because we have a climber on the loose!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you always offer up a way to make something gluten-free! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin