Thursday, November 18, 2010

Spinach Tortellini Soup

Another fall favorite is this super easy spinach & tortellini soup.

In a large soup pot, heat 2 teaspoons of EVOO. Add 1/2 cup of chopped onion and 1 clove of minced garlic. Cook until tender, stirring. Add 32 oz of chicken or vegetable broth. Bring the broth to a boil. Add about 1 cup (I throw in the whole package) of cheese-filled tortellini (dried or frozen). Cook according to package directions until tender. Do not drain. Stir in 1 can (14.5 oz) of diced tomatoes, juice and all, 1.5 tsp of dried basil (or fresh if you have it), 10 oz of frozen chopped spinach ( I threw in a bag of fresh baby spinach because I didn't have any frozen spinach on hand). Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. It doesn't make a whole lot, but it is so delicious!

3 comments:

  1. Now, if only they made gluten-free tortellini. This looks so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...I think I'm going to have to try this over the weekend...I need to pick up the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks yuuuuuummmmy! Thanks for sharing it, adding to my list!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin