Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Holiday Wish List Contest

I was blog surfing today and came across this fun contest:



Mama’s Holiday Wish List Meme


TodaysMama (link to: http://bit.ly/tmwishlist) and GameStop (link to: http://bit.ly/gamestop10) are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.


1. What is your holiday wish for your family?

As generic as it sounds, I really wish that my family stays healthy, because without your health, you don't have much.

2. What is your Christmas morning tradition?

The kids wake up before mommy and daddy, of course, run out of their rooms and into the living room, screaming. Lily starts ripping open presents and Matt yells at her to wait until mom and dad wake up. Lily runs into our bedroom, pulling us by the arms, out of bed. This wakes up Zoey. Zoey cries. Jack stumbles out of bed, makes himself coffee. I brush my teeth, grab the camera and the festivities begin!

3. If you could ask Santa for one, completely decadent wish for yourself, what would it be?

Hmmmm....completely decadent?? I guess...for a super cool, totally organized space in the basement for all of my crafting supplies, and a nice desk for me to work my magic!

4. How do you make the holidays special without spending any money?

There are lots of family traditions that I remember from my great grandmother, and my grandparents that I continue to this day such as: Putting up a Nativity scene under the tree, baking holiday cookies throughout the month of December, Advent calendars, volunteering and helping others whenever possible.

5. What games did you play with your family growing up?

At my great grandma Derk's house, we always played family games on Christmas Eve. I think we played Family Feud a lot. The kids always put on a performance for the grown ups. At my mom's house we always play this game where we steal grab bag gifts from one another. It's fun!

6. What holiday tradition have you carried on from your own childhood?

See #4. We always open presents on Christmas morning and only the kids get to open something small on Christmas eve.

7. Where would you go for a Christmas-away-from-home trip?

Well, in my fantasy world, I'd go somewhere warm and tropical like Hawaii or Aruba, but in the real world, I'd go to visit family.

8. Check out GameStop (link to: http://bit.ly/gamestop10) and tell us, what are the three top items on your GameStop Wish List this year?


I, personally, wouldn't want anything for myself, but my kids would love some new Wii games, a Wii balance board, a Wii inflatable race car and other Wii accessories.

1 comment:

  1. Rob your neighbor! That's a fun game. My friends and I used to do that with white elephants gifts every Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin