Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Happy Birthday, Easy Fajitas & What I'm Listening To

First things first...Happy Birthday to my absolute favorite, most wonderful two year old in the whole, wide world...Zoey aka...Baby Zuzu!!! I cannot believe she is two years old! I just adore her!!! More pics of the birthday girl will be posted tomorrow!! Now, here's a super-duper, quick and easy way to make child-friendly fajitas.
I start by pounding my boneless, skinless chicken breasts until they are nice and flat. I season both sides with a little EVOO, salt, pepper and thyme. If you want them to be spicy, feel free to season with chili powder, red pepper flakes and/or cumin.

Next, I grill the chicken on a grill pan. In another sautee pan, I add a little EVOO, some onions, and sliced red and green peppers.

When everything is fully cooked, I let the chicken rest for 5 minutes, and slice into thin strips. Last, we stuff our tortillas with the peppers and onions, chicken and our favorite condiments (lettuce, shredded cheese, guacamole and sour cream!)


I looooooove music, but I am probably the only person on the planet who doesn't have an ipod. It's not that I don't want one, but have never really found the need for it. I do have an itunes account and I burn cds every few weeks. I listen to itunes off of my computer when I'm cooking, cleaning, working out, doing the dishes and scrapping. I thought it would be fun to document what is on my current play list. I like to mix up my favorite new songs with some of my favorite old songs. My favorite band in the world is Pearl Jam, so there is almost always at least one song by them on my current playlist.
If you don't have any of these songs on your ipod or playlist, check them out today! Sooo good!



Here it is. My current playlist:
*Mine by Taylor Swift
*DJ Got Us Fallin' in Love by Usher
*The Only Exception by Paramore
*Raise Your Glass by Pink
*Empire State of Mind by the Glee Cast (Lovvvvvvvvve Glee!!)
*Teenage Dream by Katy Perry
*Animal by Neon Trees
*Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars
*Smile by Lily Allen
*Nothin' on You by B.O.B.
*I Run to You by Lady Antebellum
*I Never Told You by Colbie Calliat
*King of Anything by Sarah Bareilles
*Sex on Fire by Kings of Leon
*You Run Away by Barenaked Ladies
*Viva La Vida by Coldplay
*Come Back to Me by David Cook
*Lucky by Jason Mraz
*I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas (I just cannot get sick of this song! I still love it!)
*Betterman by Pearl Jam

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Zoey!

    Great recipe for the easy chicken fajitas.

    Good play list. I love Pink! And the song from the Black Eyed Peas 'I Gotta Feeling' is one song I always listen to when I'm at the gym on the bike. It helps me pick up the speed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont think i could get sick of the black eyed pea's song either ... its one og my all time favorites too. but now you have me thinking about play lists. ... i dont own an ipod eaither, i use my droid phone its does songs too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy bday Zuzu!

    Yummy chicken-gotta love a good tortilla and meat! Playlist?! There's always one in my head, but I need to work on a new one there are just so many good ones out there right now. I'll start tonight while listening tithe CMTs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Zoey!!!!!!!
    You should totally scrap your playlist!

    P.S. I don't have an ipod either:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin