Thursday, November 4, 2010

Appetizer-y Snacks

On Halloween I kept myself busy (in between answering the door for trick-or treaters) by making a kiddie snack and an adult snack. I knew the kids would be famished after all of that hard work ringing door bells, so I whipped them up a family favorite. These cinnamon-sugary breadsticks are reminiscent of churros with their yummy sweetness! They make a great after-school snack too!

Cinnamon-Sugar Breadsticks
Beat 1/2 cup softened cream cheese with about 1 TBSP of cinnamon and 1 TBSP of sugar until smooth. Spread the mixture onto strips of refrigerated breadstick dough. Twist and stretch the breadsticks into 12 inch sticks and bake as the dough label directs. Brush with melted butter and an extra sprinkle of sugar! (I never said they were healthy!) The grown-ups opted for something with a little more of a kick! If you love jalapeno poppers, you will love this appetizer. It tastes like you are eating those cream-cheese stuffed hot peppers!

Be forewarned - this is not for those on a diet. But, like I always say, moderation is the key to happiness! This makes a great party dip!!

Jalapeno Popper Dip

2 8oz pkg of cream cheese, softened
1 cup mayo
1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilies, drained
1 (4 oz) can diced jalapenos, drained
1/2 cup shredded Mexican style cheese
1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
cooking spray

Preheat the oven to 375*. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, mayo, chilies, jalapenos and shredded cheeses. Mix until smooth and evenly combined. Spread into a 9x9 baking dish.

In a second bowl, combine Panko and Parmesan and stir with a fork. Sprinkle over cream cheese mixture in the baking dish. Spray lightly with cooking spray. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until hot and golden. Serve warm with baguette slices, pita chips, or cut fresh vegetables.



3 comments:

  1. The cinna sticks sound yummy! I can smell them baking now! Okay, this is making me hungry. I'd better grab something to eat...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love churros! We used to have churro day for lunch back in high school and I'd always get them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I agree...everything in moderation;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin