Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Super Spicy Chicken Chili Stew plus Night Out with Friends...

A few weeks ago my friend, Pam, started her own new blog called http://sewcraftbake.blogspot.com/ It is a great spot if you are looking for craft ideas or recipes. Her first recipe was this great Chicken Chili Stew. I made it for the first time a couple days ago and it was so delicious. However, I decided to spice it up a bit and made it super, duper, burn-the-hair-off-your-chest SPICY!!! So, beware of my recipe if you are weak, but if you like it HOT...go for it!!! Super Spicy Chicken Chili Stew:
*Heat 3/4 cup of chicken broth to boiling. Add 2 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cubed. Cook for about 5 minutes. Remove chicken.

*Add 4 cloves of garlic. (I prefer jarred, so I added a couple spoonfuls), 2 jalapenos and 2 habaneros. (I grow jalapenos and habaneros in my garden, but I am sure you could use any hot peppers you have on hand. If you do not like it spicy, just omit the peppers all together and rename the dish Boring Chicken Chili-flavored Stew.) Cook 2 minutes. Whisk in 1 Tbsp. flour. (I use whole wheat.)

*Add 1 & 1/2 cups chicken broth, 1 red bell pepper, 1 carrot sliced, 1 cup corn, salt, pepper and a 1/2 tsp cumin.

*Add in approx. 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro. (My favorite part!)

*Heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.

Pam suggested serving with cornbread and that is just what I did. The kids don't like spicy, so I saved an extra chicken breast for them, sauteed it separately and served it to them with steamed spinach and cornbread on the side. Not much extra work for me, and they loved it!




Saturday night I got to hang out with some of my very best friends, whom I have not been able to see in awhile because of all of our busy lives. Here are a few pics of the fun we had. They are terrible pics because Jack took them in a dark, dark place with his camera phone...








The pics were taken at Tavern on Rush. We also had a friend from New York with us, but I don't know why we don't have pics of her. :( We had a great time! Let's do it again soon!

4 comments:

  1. I do do do miss the Midwest. Everything is cheaper there and I don't have to be around people as much b/c everybody drives! lol And my allergies were under control there.

    Your chicken recipe looks way too spicy for me! OOF! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum - I'll have to try this one SOON - I've been a spice addict lately! ;)

    I'm glad you got a great night out! Those are the BEST - especially with people you love. BIG HUGS! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to do Classy Coordinates kits (it's not around anymore) and I had one of the Scrap for a Cure kits, which isn't around anymore either!! I've been doing some research on kit clubs in hopes that someone gets me one for Christmas. lol I like Mosh Posh and My Paper Tree House kits. I also checked out the Scarlet Lime kits. Is the frugal one a good deal every time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha at boring chicken and chili stew:) One jalapeno was borderline too spicy for me:)

    Looks like a fun night out...gosh, S and I need to find a babysitter, we could use one of those!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin