Thursday, October 7, 2010

Getting Healthy

About a month ago I decided that I was going to get back into shape. Yes, I said BACK into shape. Before I got pregnant with Zoey we went on a Carribbean Cruise and I fit into this cute little bikini and was probably in the best shape ever, and then all hell broke loose because I was pregnant with my third child. For those of you who do not have three children, let me tell you...after the third one, it is very difficult to get your body back. Granted, that was two years ago and I am still not fitting into my skinny jeans the way I'd like.

So... nevertheless, I decided I would take this opportunity and while the older two kids are in school, I'd start running with the baby in the jogging stroller.

I went to Running for Kicks and got fitted for some quite comfy running shoes and I did really well for about a month straight. I was getting up early on the weekends to run before the sun came up (Yes, that is a little creepy). I was working out twice a day sometimes -- a fun with the baby in the morning and then Jillian's 30 Day Shred in the afternoon. It was all going as planned, so that I'd be fitting into a size smaller dress by the wedding that we are going to in November, and then...Lily got strep. It threw a wrench into my whole evil plan. When you have a sick kid at home, there is no "me time." There is no time for eating right, exercise or even sitting for five minutes to catch your breath. After Lily's strep had dissipated and she was back at school, Matt caught a cold and then Zoey. So, suffice it to say, I have had a very bad last two weeks and I need to get moving again.

Of course, sitting on the couch with Jack last night watching the Biggest Loser on TiVo WHILE eating a piece of carrot cake with cream cheese frosting didn't help at all!

The other thing I have been doing the past couple weeks is cutting dairy out of my diet. I figured out that dairy is the reason I've been feeling lethargic, bloated and cranky lately. I've been feeling so much better since I quit! The only thing that really sucks about it is eating cereal with water or sometimes dry with a spoon! I did go out and buy some Soy Milk today, so I hope that doesn't irritate me like regular milk does.

All of this plays a part in getting myself back to a healthy place! Now if I could just hide the Halloween candy from myself, we'll be back in business!

4 comments:

  1. Soy Milk is really good. I don't drink it on a regular basis but last year we thought my husband had gastroenteritis and he was advised to cut out regular milk so we switched to Soy Milk. Not bad!

    And I, like you, was doing really well on the exercise front and then I went on a cruise and then I hurt my knee exercising and then I got a cold and then I made pumpkin bars and ate a whole bunch all by myself.

    Here's to you and me getting our grooves back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question: Does Soy Milk still support calcium and vitamin D? Just curious because I always worry about osteoporosis.

    WTG on all the dedicated time to getting in shape. You have a full day with exercise and scrap!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the vanilla stuff is the best. but ricedream rice milk is pretty yummy too. i went through a anti milk thing in college (roomates, sour milk, forgot to buy the stuff, yadda yadda yadda) that and logan is all about the soymilk and no dairy ... its surprising how that has taken alot of it out of my diet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, you sound like me...I just ate half a bag of reese's pieces. I so want to do this too. But the thing that stopped me was getting a big box of scrappy supplies and my new sewing machine. Maybe we can be workout buddies that check up on each other:) I really want to get a jogging stroller so I can start running with K while A is at school!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin