Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Fish update

I think getting the fish was a big mistake. Lily is just not mature enough to handle it. I don't know if it was related to her sensory disorder or just her immaturity, but she could not keep her hands out of the aquarium. We kept finding her sneaking her arms in the tank, holding the fish in her hands. Once I even caught her with the fish in a cup, out of the tank. Ugh!!!

So, this morning Lily woke me up by saying that something was wrong with her fish. It was swimming upside at the top of the tank and she couldn't get it to flip over. ...sigh...So, I had to get up and find the net. We said a few prayers and watched it as I flushed it. Now the other fish in her tank is not looking well.

I don't think she'll be getting any more pets until she is mature enough to understand how to care for them. Or...until she is on some mood-stabilizing drugs! Whichever happens first.

In the meantime, Lily and I sat down to scrap yesterday afternoon. I opened up my new Scrapbook Circle kit. I felt the need to supplement, so not all of the elements are from the kit, but there were some cool things inside...







2 comments:

  1. So digging your new layouts! Sorry to hear about the fish, hopefully the other one lasts a little longer. Hugs to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! That "mermaid fin" in the last layout... is that by a company called Finis? I just wrote about Finis' dolphin tails last month in an article about pool toys! I take it your daughter likes it? I remember back in the day if I ever wanted to "play" Ariel, I had to stick my feet in the hole of a diving ring. Kids these days... they have it so easy. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin