Thursday, April 22, 2010

A WEEK IN MY LIFE - Day Two

Day two began with Matt telling me how excited he was to feed the Sea Monkeys today. At least he can see the microscopic creatures!
Oy! These glasses are more often on the counter than they are on Lily's face.

So, today I volunteered to chaperone Lily's class field trip to Pilcher Park Nature Center. I actually volunteered to chaperone the exact same trip when Matt was in Kindergarten too!


First the kids painted some flower pots.

Next we toured the greenhouses. One greenhouse mimicked a jungle climate. One was a desert. The rest were flower gardens.

After the tour the kids planted spider plants into their pots. Then we went on a nature hike to view some different types of wild flowers.

After the hike we had a picnic lunch and the kids played at the park.

When Lily and I got home from the field trip we had a healthy snack.

I checked my email (above) while Lil set up the kitchen table to play (below).

Yes, she brought several pairs of shoes onto the table to act as closets for her Bratz dolls. Each shoe held a different clothing outfit. And, of course, I had to scrub the table down after she finished playing.

The daily load. LOL

When Matt got home from school, he was so excited to not have any homework, so he hopped onto Lil's computer to play Roller Coaster Tycoon.

The busy day finally got to her and Lil plopped on the couch to watch Barbie: A Mermaid's Tale. I really hoped she would fall asleep for a short nap, but, that rarely happens. Today, she managed to stay awake for the whole thing.

Zoey played with Matt's connecting blocks for a few minutes.

Stinky baby forced me to change 3 diapers in 30 minutes. LOL I keep the diapers, wipes and cream in a cute basket on the fireplace. I started this when Lily was a baby and found it to be so useful that I kept it there for Zoey too!

Load. Unload. Load. Unload. The story of my life.

Not only did she not fall asleep, but she had to play mermaids when the movie was over. The pic is shadowy because she didn't want me to take her pic and I had to sneak open the door to catch a glance.

Time to start making dinner. It's too cold outside today to grill outdoors, so I grabbed my grill pan. Mmmm...filet mignon.


In honor of Earth Day (today), I wanted to give a shout out to my recycling bin in the garage, which I visit about 10 times a day!

I needed a little something to take the edge off before & during dinner.

Zoey's usual hangout when I'm making dinner is the cabinet next to the dishwasher which house the kid's cups, potatoes and one of my three crockpots.

These are our usual seats at dinner. Mom sits next to Lily and Dad sits next to Matt. Jack wasn't home in time for dinner today, so we started eating without him.

Tonight's menu: Filet, green beans, mashed potatoes and a side salad.

Dessert: leftover birthday cake and hot cocoa.

After eating, Matt wanted to take a silent vote about which movie we will watch tomorrow for Family Movie Night. He chose about 6 options and we were supposed to write our choice on a paper and put it in the box on the floor. I guess we'll find out in the morning which movie won.


Bath time. Mom and Dad usually take turns holding Zoey's baby ring so she doesn't tip over. The seat is old and the suction cups don't always stay secure, so we hold it to be on the safe side. It's hard on the back so we alternate after about 10 minutes.

My turn.

We listened to the radio during bath time. We usually listen to kid's music (like the Annie Soundtrack or Sesame Street songs). Today was 101.9 the Mix - a pretty good radio station.

Tonight was my turn to put the girls to sleep. Zoey went right to bed after bath since she didn't sleep well last night. (She's either teething or coming down with a cold). Lily fell asleep while listening to her favorite book.
And that's all she wrote...

2 comments:

  1. Perfect. It takes a certain kind of dicipline to do this! I hope I have the strength some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! I looove that Matt wanted to take a silent vote...I vote for Ratatouille:) The field trip looked super fun and dinner looked yummy...we need to get a grill pan!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin