Monday, August 10, 2009

Zoey's Big Day

Yesterday was Zoey's big day: her christening at St. Anthony's church in Frankfort, IL. She is officially a member of God's family now, and we couldn't be happier!! We had a beautiful ceremony at the church followed by a luncheon at our house with our friends and family. This was the happy baby after the ceremony: Her cake was so yummy!!!
After the ceremony, I thought it would be cute to sit Zoey on the altar, with the pretty flowers behind her for a few pics. Unfortunately, Miss Destructo decided to rip a leaf from one of the plants. I hope God doesn't mind! :)




Baby and Daddy

I handed my cameras over to Kenny and Sean, who aren't exactly the greatest photogs on Earth, but they did a decent job considering...

Zoey, her parents, brother, sister and her three fairy Godmothers. Our three children are lucky to have not one Godmother and Godfather that most children traditionally have, but they have three fairy Godmothers. I have two sisters and Jack has one sister, so we got special permission from the Arch Diocese to allow us to not have any Godfathers and instead have three Godmothers for each of our three children. I think it makes them even more special than they already are!



OK...so the next two pictures are out of order, but here is the story...My sister, Steff (who played the role of the Godfather at the ceremony), had to light the traditional baptismal candle. In the second pic below you can see that she lit the candle and was walking back to where we were standing on the altar, but the candle blew out on the way. She looked at us and asked if she should go back and relight it, but we were telling her, "Don't worry about it. Just come stand by us and pretend it is lit." Well...if you look at the pic immediately below you'll see that a few minutes later, the candle RELIT itself. We were all completely freaked out! It was a sign from God. I don't know what it meant, but it was certainly a sign! Heehee


Here the pastor was blessing Zoey with the Holy Oil.

This was at the beginning of the ceremony, when she was awaiting her turn at the baptismal fountain... She loves to be naked!!


This was at the end of the ceremony.



I wrapped her up in a towel after she was "dunked!"


She was grabbing on to the Deacon's stole so tightly that she almost pulled him into the tub with her! It was so funny!


Prepare to be Dunked!!!




So, it was a lovely day and she did great! Hopefully the pics I took today at the portrait studio will show off her beautiful dress a little better. I still need to dig up an old wedding photo to show what I looked like in my dress. I'll do that tonight. Look for the pic to be posted tomorrow, if I can get my scanner working.

1 comment:

  1. Yay Zoey!! I love the pictures of her in her dress, she looks so beautiful! That is way too cool about the candle relighting itself!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin