Tuesday, August 4, 2009

More from Cedar Point

Our first day in Sandusky, Ohio... we checked into our hotel (Hotel Breakers) and went out the back door which led directly onto the beach. It was awesome. The kids had a blast splashing around in the warm waters of Lake Erie. (I always forget if it is Eire or Erie. Those of you who know me well know that I go crazy over words that are not spelled correctly, so it really bothers me! LOL)

Anyway, Zoey loved the beach just as much as the other kids. She was splashing around so much that we ended up taking her clothes off and just let her splash in her swim diaper. It was easier than leaving her in soaking wet clothes. Then we washed off the sand and headed over to the outdoor pool. Our hotel had 2 outdoor pools and 4 hot tubs. It also had an indoor pool and hot tub. I sat out so I could take pics.
Over in the amusement park, we bumped into this really cute little store that had this dark, wooded back area filled with all of these giant Peanuts characters.







My pics are out of order. This one belongs with the pool pics. Sorry.

Here were Jack and Matt in the front car of Blue Streak. There was another coaster called Mean Streak that Jack said was awful. He said it was really old and bumpy. But I think this one was not as bad. My personal favorite was Gemini. I have a pic of it somewhere. I'll dig it out. Matt and I went on Gemini when it was really dark outside, so it was extra fun to not be able to see what was coming up next. It was similar to the American Eagle at Six Flags Great America. There was a race between the blue car and the red car. But I felt Gemini was smoother (and newer) than the Eagle.

This was before they went on Iron Dragon....


Lily got dizzy on this one because Matt was spinning the car super fast. I should have taken a pic of their dizzy faces. LOL


Matt was thrilled that he got to "drive" a couple times on the trip. LOL


I didn't take a lot of pics at Soak City because I didn't want to get the camera wet and I was holding a wet baby for most of the time there, so this is one of the few pics from the water park. It's the wave pool. Can you find my fam? It's like a Where's Waldo puzzle? LOL Except Jack sticks out like a sore thumb!





4 comments:

  1. LOVE your pictures!!! It looks like you guys had so much fun! I LOVE LOVE that top picture of Zoey and you on the beach and love the family picture with Charlie too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful!

    Can't wait to see what you do with them...KGK August, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pic of zoey at the top too :)
    and your vacation looks like so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lot of fun!!!! Love the family picture! It just makes me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin