Friday, August 7, 2009

The Dress

My friend and neighbor, Tanya, is an extremely talented seamstress. So, I asked her if she would be willing to use the fabric, lace and beads from my wedding gown to create a Christening gown for Baby Zoey. She did and what an amazing dress it is!!! This is a close up for the beading. The beading on my wedding gown was hand sewn, so when Tanya removed the lace, each tiny little bead had to be hand sewn back on to the gown!
This is the intricate bottom of the dress. Won't it look so sweet on my little punkin'? This is the detailing at the top of the dress. Although Zoey is only 8 months old, she is fitting into a 2T, which is the size she made this gown!


Here it is. I should dig up a pic of me in my wedding gown to show you how the dress orignially looked. There is still plenty of material left. I'm thinking about saving it for a Communion dress for Lily.



5 comments:

  1. WOW! What a beautiful dress! Zo will look gorgeous and shimmer (as long as she shakes off that bad cold!)

    I would definitely have a communion dress made for Lily - they can both say that they used part of your wedding dress! WOW! HOw COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. veery cool and totally cute. kailee's blessing dress was definatly not that cool. you're gunna post pics of ZuZu in the dress too right???

    and making something for Lily out of it would probably be a good thing too, so she doesn't feel left out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Shel, that is GORGEOUS!! So special too, I can't wait to see how beautiful she looks in it! What a great idea to make a communion dress for L too;) You should definitely post a picture so we know what it looked like originally! Hope everything goes smoothly and that Zoey starts to get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shel, this is such a cool idea! Wow! Just beautiful! I like the idea of Lily having a dress too! AND YES, show us a wedding picture, please! I bet you were a beautiful bride!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin