Thursday, December 11, 2008

Our Christmas Tree

Those of you who know me well, know that I am a bit of an obsessive compulsive control freak (and that's putting it nicely). So this year when Matt and Lily showed interest in helping to decorate the tree for the first time, I gulped, but allowed them to hang the ornaments while I tended to Baby Zoey. I usually make sure that the ornaments are evenly spaced around the tree. I step back to ensure that there are not any empty spaces. I string several yards of baubles and beads on the tree as well as bows that I have hand-made from ribbon. NOT THIS YEAR! Instead, Jack and I decided that however the kids decorated the tree would be the way it would stay. Not only does it give them pride and ownership in their work, but it's less work for us. So....gulp...here is our tree...with no beads, no ribbons, and all of the ornaments on the bottom 2/3rds of the tree. And this is how it's going to stay. And I actually love it. Because I know that my children decorated it themselves. :)











2 comments:

  1. We do this most years, but they have gotten industrious about wanting a chair to climb higher! I agree it is perfect ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfcect Shel! Your tree is gigantic, lol!!! But they did great and I bet they are so proud of it:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin