Saturday, November 15, 2008

Here they are...

After months of wondering, we finally have our answers...

Our beautiful little baby turned out to be a girl! Of course, Lily is excited to have a baby sister. We thought Matt might be disappointed because he was hoping to have a brother, but he is such a wonderful, doting big brother to his new sister!

I think God has finally decided to give me a little break. After having very rough pregnancies, this was this easiest labor imaginable! I was in pain for a short time after my water broke at home and we rushed to the hospital. We called my next door neighbor, Lorri, and asked if she could stay at our house for a few minutes since Matt and Lily were sleeping (it was 11 p.m.) just until my mom could get to our house. My mom lives about 7 minutes away, but ended up arriving at our house about 4 minutes after Jack called her. LOL

We drove pretty quickly to the hospital which is about a half hour ride from our house. It felt like it took forever for someone from Labor and Delivery to come down to the ER and wheel me upstairs to the L&D ward. Apparently they didn't realize that this was my third child and I have a pretty quick track record for laboring.
The triage nurse prepped me, the doctors examined me, the anesthesiologist gave me an epidural and I literally pushed twice to get the baby out. The first push ejected her head (which came out wailing, of course)!! The doctor removed the cord from around her neck, and we waited a few seconds for the next contraction. The second push took care of the rest of her body. It was so easy and wonderful!

Jack was there holding my leg, rubbing my back and supporting me all the way! He was such a great support too!

We chose the baby's name for several reasons. Zoey means "Life." And I think it's a beautiful and unique name. Jack's grandma was named Zofia, so it is a loose version of that name. We liked the idea of having a family name as the middle name because my son, Matthew, has my husband's first name, Jack, as his middle name. Lily has my middle name, Renee, as her middle name. So, we decided to use my mom's name, Virginia, as the baby's middle name. My mom was touched when we called her a few minutes after Zoey was born to share the news with her and tell her the name. I am not sure what she said but I heard a lot of sobbing and blubbering on the phone.

Anyway, Zoey has been wonderful! She eats well, sleeps well, poops well! She is so content and cuddly! We think she is perfect and we are so glad that she has been added to our bunch!

Here are some pics I took this morning...
We call the first pic our "Popeye" pic!! LOL










9 comments:

  1. Welcome, baby Zoey! I adore them all - this little sleepy head is a great coconut to add to the bunch! The B&W is a keeper - can't wait to see it 5x7 on a LO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWW! Now I can't wait to have mine, lol. She is so sweet and the other kiddos look so happy with her there:) Glad you guys are doing well and your labor was quick and easy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a cutie! and i really like her name, okay so kailee was almost a lily too. but that's besides the point,love the family pictures :) cant wait to see the layout as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is SO precious! Big brother and sister are adorable too! What a perfect family! Thanks for posting them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! she is a DOLL!!! i love new babies!! congrats girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YEAH! How sweet, precious little Zoey!! She's absolutley adorable!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww she is sooo precious!! I love the pics of zoey, lily and matt! :D Im so glad to hear that everything went well! I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet little face... she's a living doll! Looks like big brother and sister adore her, too. So glad your labor went quickly, what a blessing. Can't wait to see a page with these pics!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin